Frequently Asked Questions

Ready to Take the CPA Exam or Get Licensed in Georgia?

Please go to and click on the “Licensure” heading to see the process for initial licensing in Georgia. NASBA handles that for our State including the processing of Initial Individual Applications, the requirements for qualification and the application for taking the CPA exam. There are links to CPA Examination Services on NASBA’s website.

You can also contact the GA Licensing Specialist (email at [email protected] ) who can provide you with specific answers to your questions not found on our website. If you are not a US citizen or Qualified Alien, there are potential barriers to being licensed in Georgia.

In order to be eligible to be licensed by the State of Georgia, candidates must be a U.S. citizen, a legal permanent resident of the U.S., or a qualified alien or non-immigrant under the Federal Immigration and Nationality Act. NASBA provides an academic review service for a fee (which is required for International Education through NIES) at the following link:


CPA Moving to Georgia and Ready to Get Licensed in Georgia?

If you live in Georgia, you are required to be actively licensed in Georgia in order to hold yourself out as a CPA and use the designation. You would obtain a Reciprocal License in Georgia and must apply for it through NASBA.

You must meet the Georgia Education requirement for licensing in Georgia even though you are licensed in another State, and you must hold an Active license in the State you are reciprocating from. Please go to and click on the “Licensure” heading to see the process for initial licensing in Georgia and follow the path for Initial Reciprocal Applications.

The Georgia Licensing Specialist (email at [email protected]) should be able to assist you with any questions you may have.

Each State’s License is independent and you need to keep up with the qualifications for renewal for each license. We strongly recommend contacting the other State Boards if you are not going to keep up with those licenses to determine what you need to do for compliance with their Rules.