Complaints FAQs

  • How can I file a complaint against a CPA or Public Accounting Firm in Georgia?

    Complaints must be filed in writing, either using the online or mail-in complaint form. You may obtain a complete explanation of the complaint process and relevant forms under Other Services.

  • Once I file a complaint, when can I expect a decision from the Board?

    A complaint investigation can be a lengthy process and may take many months to complete. The Board makes every effort to pursue the matter as soon as possible; however, some cases take longer than others due to the technical nature and circumstances of the complaint. The commitment of the Board is that you, the complainant, will be notified when the case is concluded and informed of the Board’s recommendations and actions taken. Please see the Explanation of the Complaint Process on this website, as noted above.