Important Board News
New CPE rules in effect January 1, 2024. See Details below.
Individual CPA License Late Renewal Period Now Open!
You cannot practice when your license is expired.
It’s time to renew your Georgia Certified Public Accountant license. Your license expired December 31, 2023, so visit https://gaboa.mylicense.com/egov/Login.aspx to complete the late renewal.
If this is your first time renewing your license, you will need to register as a new user and create a new login.
After logging in, click on the License Renewal link to begin the renewal process, and follow the step-by-step guide through the online renewal. The process takes only a few minutes. After updating your home and email addresses, phone number(s), and answering the renewal questions, you may pay your renewal fee using your MasterCard or Visa card via our secure server.
Your license renewal will not be complete until you have completed the online renewal and submitted the renewal fee. Additional documentation is required by non U.S. Citizens.
- Visit the Georgia Online Licensing site at https://gaboa.mylicense.com/egov/Login.aspx (Free internet access is available at Georgia public libraries.)
- If this is your first time renewing your license, you will need to register as a new user and create a new login.
- Click on the License Renewal link to begin the renewal process.
- Update your mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and answer the renewal questions.
- Pay your renewal fee(s) using your MasterCard or Visa on our secure server server (you can input your email address to receive an emailed receipt also).
- Print your receipt of payment. Disregard the 'error processing payment' message on receipt.
- Verify your renewal online the next day at www.cpaverify.org (add an additional day if the renewal was completed after 3PM).
- You will receive a plastic wallet license card from NASBA within six (6) weeks after the renewal is complete.
Renewal by Paper Application
If you choose not to renew online and would like a paper renewal application, please send an email request to the Board office at [email protected]. Make sure to include your CPA license number on all correspondence to the Board office. Paper renewal applications must be received in the GSBA office before December 31, 2023.
Please note that renewing by mail may take up to four (4) weeks to process after the completed renewal application is received.
A $100 late fee is imposed during late renewal after the expiration date of your license.